1. Request admission information
from the Admission Office. You may also call us if you have questions at 860-443-5333.
2. Visit our campus! Please be advised that a campus tour and interview is a required component for the application process and must take place prior to scheduling a day-long visit (available to Upper School applicants only). You should also consider attending one of our Prospective Student Information Sessions to learn more about Williams.
3. Register for and take appropriate standardized test:
Applicants to the Upper School (grades 9-12) must take the SSAT. Applicants may sit for the SSAT's National Test Dates at a different school, or may take advantage of a Flex Test Date at Williams. Flex Tests will be administered at Williams several times during the school year (specific dates forthcoming). As soon as dates are confirmed, you may register your child for a flex administration of the SSAT by following the directions here: www.ssat.org/flex. The Williams School code is 8220 and should be listed as a test site and score recipient. You will also be asked for an access code, which will be by test date. Flex Test Dates offered at Williams are for applicants to Williams exclusively and therefore are not available to students who do not plan to apply to our school.
Applicants to the Middle School (grades 6-8) need not take the SSAT but must arrange to take the Williams' Middle School Admissions Test. These tests will be offered several times during the school year (specific dates forthcoming). Please contact the admission office to register.
4. Submit your application online. Families following our traditional admission application timeline should distribute the Request for Transcript Release, English and Math Recommendation forms to the child’s current school and teachers and ask that the transcripts and forms be submitted to the Admission Office prior to theFebruary 1 application deadline. Families applying for admission after the February 1 deadline via our rolling admissions process should distribute these forms and ask that they be returned to the school as soon as possible.
5. Interested in applying for need-based financial assistance? Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) at sss.nais.org and submit copies of your 2014 1040s and W-2s to our Business Office. Both of these activities should be completed by January 15. The Williams School code for the PFS is 8222. Those families applying for admission and financial assistance after posted deadlines may find funding for financial assistance to be more limited. Applicants, however, are still encouraged to apply for assistance.
Admission notifications will be mailed by February 27, 2015 for those meeting our February 1 deadline for admission. Students applying after the February 1 deadline will be notified on a rolling basis upon completion of their application.