1. Request admission information
from the Admission Office. You may also call us if you have questions at 860-443-5333.
2. Visit our campus! Please be advised that a campus tour and interview is a required component for the application process and must take place prior to scheduling a day-long visit (available to Upper School applicants only). You should also consider attending one of our Prospective Student Information Sessions to learn more about Williams.
3. Register for and take appropriate standardized test:
Applicants to the Upper School (grades 9-12) must take the SSAT. Applicants may take the SSAT on a National Test date (10/18/14, 11/15/14, 12/13/14, 1/10/15) at a local test site. Please note that Williams administers the SSAT Flex Test on our campus for Williams applicants. Please be aware that applicants may only take the Flex Test once per year and the results may only be submitted to The Williams School. If interested in this option, please call our Admissions Office. The Williams School code is 8220 and should be listed as a score recipient and test site (if taking the Flex Test).
Applicants to the Middle School (grades 6-8) may take the Middle School SSAT or the Williams' Middle School Admissions Test (WMST), which will be administered on our campus on Saturday, December 6, 2014 from 9-10:30 AM. Please contact our Admissions Office to register to take WMST. (If interested in taking the WMST but not available on December 6, please contact us to schedule a future date.)
4. Submit your application. You may do so online or print a PDF and mail a hard copy to the Williams Admissions Office. Families should distribute the Request for Transcript Release, English and Math Recommendation forms (which are part of the application) to the child’s current school and teachers and ask that they submit to our Admissions Office prior to the February 1 application deadline. Families applying for admission after the February 1 deadline should distribute these forms and ask that they be returned to Williams as soon as possible.
5. Interested in applying for need-based financial assistance? Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) at sss.nais.org and submit copies of your 2014 1040s and W-2s to our Business Office. Both of these activities should be completed by January 15. The Williams School code for the PFS is 8222. Those families applying for admission and financial assistance after posted deadlines may find funding for financial assistance to be more limited. Applicants, however, are still encouraged to apply for assistance.
Admission notifications will be mailed by February 27, 2015 for those meeting our February 1 deadline for admission. Students applying after the February 1 deadline will be notified on a rolling basis upon completion of their application.