1. Request admission information
from the Admission Office. You may also call us if you have questions at 860-443-5333.
2. Visit our campus! Please be advised that a campus tour and interview is a required component of the application process and must take place prior to scheduling a day-long visit (available to Upper School applicants only). You should also consider attending one of our Prospective Student Information Sessions to learn more about Williams.
3. Register for and take appropriate standardized test:
Applicants to the Upper School (grades 9-12) must take the SSAT or submit official PSAT or SAT scores with the grade transcript. Applicants may take the SSAT National Test on certain dates throughout the school year at a local test site. The Williams School code is 8220 and should be listed as a score recipient. If you are unavailable on National Test dates, please contact our Admissions Office at 860-443-5333 and we will help you make other arrangements.
Applicants to the Middle School (grades 6-8) may take the Williams' Middle School Admissions Test (WMST). This test is administered on our campus on various dates throughout the year. If interested in registering for the WMST, please contact our Admissions Office at 860-443-5333. Williams also accepts the Middle School SSAT.
4. Submit your application. You may do so online or print a PDF and mail a hard copy to the Williams Admissions Office. Families should distribute the Request for Transcript Release, English and Math Recommendation forms (which are part of the application) to the child’s current school and teachers and ask that they submit to our Admissions Office prior to the February 1 application deadline. Families applying for admission after the February 1 deadline should distribute these forms and ask that they be returned to Williams as soon as possible.
5. Interested in applying for need-based financial assistance? Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) at sssbynais.org and submit copies of your 2014 1040s and W-2s to The Williams School Business Office. Both of these activities should be completed by January 15. The Williams School code for the PFS is 8222. Those families applying for admission and financial assistance after posted deadlines may find funding for financial assistance to be more limited. Applicants, however, are still encouraged to apply for assistance.
Admission notifications will be mailed by March 1, 2015 for those meeting our February 1 deadline for admission. Students applying after the February 1 deadline will be notified on a rolling basis upon completion of their application.