The Senior Parent Gift Program started in the mid 1980’s and has been instrumental in raising money for special gifts that provide The Williams School students and faculty with both academic and physical enhancements that otherwise would not have been possible. The senior Parent Gift is designed to honor graduating seniors during their final year at Williams and establish a lasting tribute to their accomplishments. The Senior Parent Gift Program has funded over $460,000 in worthy projects over the past six years.
CREATE AN OUTDOOR CLASSROOM
A classroom/pavilion at our Bloomingdale Road property would be an extraordinary resource for the Williams community. It can be a learning center, a project work-station, or a special space for reflection, observation and writing. An outdoor classroom provides ways for students to learn that aren’t possible in a traditional classroom.
- A sample outdoor pavilion that could be used as an outdoor classroom and gathering space for the Williams community
The outdoor classroom can help bridge the gap between students’ electronic lives and the natural world around them. The curriculum in science and other disciplines will utilize experiential learning through the combined use of our classroom and surrounding property.
SIZE AND SCOPE:
The initial design of the outdoor classroom would be approximately 20' X 40' and thus provide ample room for a variety of activities.
In addition to the outdoor classroom space, the pavilion can also double as a recreational or performance space, while offering shelter from the rain, snow or sun. During special events such as Sports Day, Senior Day and alumni reunions, a pavilion would provide ideal space for students, parents and alumni to gather.
This is a wonderful way to honor graduating students while leaving a lasting legacy for future generations.
Past Senior Parent Gifts at Williams have included:
- 2013 Front Patio/Landscaping & Professional Development – raised $63,279
- 2012 New 24-Passenger School Bus and Professional Development for teachers – raised $69,605
- 2011 Library Improvements – raised $59,717
2010 Southside Entrance and Courtyard – raised $82,714
- 2009 Patio—raised $66,764
- 2008 Renovation of the Fine Arts Facilities—raised $65,372
- 2007 Bulkeley Gym Renovation—raised $71,611
- 2006 Math Smart Room—raised $43,284
- 2005 Library Renovations (with ’04)—raised $68,864
- 2004 Library Renovations (with ’05)—raised $69,250
- 2003 PAC Sound System—raised $80,511
- 2002 PAC Lighting—raised $50,112