The Senior Parent Gift is a special gift to the Annual Fund given by parents and grandparents of graduating seniors. For 2013, the gift is twice as nice, since it addresses two critical needs: professional development for faculty and the renovation of the main approach to the school.
Professional Development for Faculty
The 2013 Senior Parent Gift will help establish an endowment fund with $10,000 to help Williams teachers improve their courses, their own teaching, and their students’ learning.
MAKE IMPROVEMENTS TO THE MAIN ENTRANCE
To accomplish this, we plan to raise $60,000 for improvements to the main approach and entrance. The façade will be greatly enhanced with new, bold signage, proudly displaying the School's name and logo; the tired, cracked patio will be replaced with a beautiful paved area that is inviting for both guests and students; landscaping and lighting will provide a safe and welcoming atmosphere.
This is a wonderful way to honor graduating students while leaving a lasting legacy for future generations.
Past Senior Parent Gifts at Williams have included:
- 2012 New 24-Passenger School Bus and Professional Development for teachers – raised $69,605
- 2011 Library Improvements – raised $59,717
2010 Southside Entrance and Courtyard – raised $82,714
- 2009 Patio—raised $66,764
- 2008 Renovation of the Fine Arts Facilities—raised $65,372
- 2007 Bulkeley Gym Renovation—raised $71,611
- 2006 Math Smart Room—raised $43,284
- 2005 Library Renovations (with ’04)—raised $68,864
- 2004 Library Renovations (with ’05)—raised $69,250
- 2003 PAC Sound System—raised $80,511
- 2002 PAC Lighting—raised $50,112