The Williams School, an independent, co-educational, day school for grades 6-12, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
The Williams School seeks an Information Services Associate beginning July 1 for the 2017-2018 school year. The Information Services Associate is a twelve-month administrative position reporting to the Director of Information Services (DIS). The position requires an enthusiastic individual who enjoys working with students, faculty, and staff, and is capable of overseeing the School’s Learning Commons and Digital Media Center (formerly the library). In addition, this individual must be an excellent writer and communicator and will assume responsibility for School digital and print media, as directed by the DIS.
- Oversee the School’s Learning Commons and Digital Media Center.
- Maintain online database and research systems in support of the School’s academic program.
- Inventory of all print resources and maintenance of the digital catalog system.
- Support and promote digital and print research skills for faculty and students.
- Create, photograph or videotape, and publish news stories internally and externally that promote the accomplishments of members of the school community.
- Facilitate publication of the School’s weekly electronic newsletter for parents. Assist with the School’s monthly electronic newsletter to alumni.
- Support social media channels and help with website maintenance and updates.
- Maintain internal digital signage.
- Manage and safeguard the school’s inventory of technology hardware, software, and licenses.
- Frontline technical support for printers, copiers, fax, and telephones.
- Provide backup support to Information Services department staff.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Head of School
Successful candidates should possess:
- MLIS degree (or working towards an MLIS degree) preferred. Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of three years’ experience writing and editing in a professional capacity will be considered.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with a proven ability to write for print, web, and social media.
- Attention to detail and proofreading skills;
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team;
- Understanding of social media strategy for an organization;
- Experience in public relations, marketing, journalism or communications;
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and educational philosophy to Robin Cook, Director of Information Services. Please no phone inquiries.