Boys and girls soccer and boys and girls lacrosse teams practice and play at the 170-acre Williams Athletic Complex in Waterford, which is located less than two miles from campus. The Cross Country team trains either at the cross country course at the Complex, at the Williams School campus or in surrounding neighborhoods. The Tennis team practices and plays matches at either Leary Park or Connecticut College’s tennis courts. The Sailing team practices and sails at the New England Science and Sailing Center in Stonington.
During fall and spring outdoor seasons, a school bus leaves from the school’s south parking lot to take athletes to the Complex after 9th Period.
A short drive from campus, Williams' Athletic Complex features fields for soccer and lacrosse as well as cross-country trails, parking and restrooms.
120 Bloomingdale Road
Quaker Hill, CT 06375
From The Williams School Campus
- Exit Williams and Connecticut College campus by turning right onto Williams Street
- Proceed 1/10 mile and turn left onto Gallows Lane
- Travel 1/2 mile and turn right onto Bloomingdale Road
- Continue 1/2 mile to the Athletic Complex, which will be on the left
From the Westerly, RI area
- Take I-95 South to the US-1/Frontage Road/Shopping Malls exit—exit 83—toward New London.
- Stay straight to go onto N Frontage Road/US-1 S. (0.4 miles)
- Take the US-1 S/Colman Street ramp. (0.1 miles)
- Turn RIGHT onto Colman Street. (0.1 miles)
- Turn LEFT onto Bayonet Street. (0.3 miles)
- Bayonet St. becomes Bloomingdale Road
From the New Haven area
- Take I-95 North to exit 82A toward Frontage Road/New London.
- Stay straight to go onto Waterford Pkwy S. (0.1 miles)
- Waterford Pkwy S becomes S Frontage Road. (0.3 miles)
- Take the US-1 S/Colman Street ramp toward Ocean Beach. (0.1 miles)
- Turn right onto Colman St/US-1. Continue to follow Colman Street. (0.2 miles)
- Turn left onto Bayonet Street. (0.3 miles)
- Bayonet Street becomes Bloomingdale Road
From Norwich and points north
- Take I-395 to exit 78 on the left toward CT-32/ New London.
- Merge onto Montville Connector. (1.0 miles)
- Montville Connector becomes Mohegan Ave./CT-32. (2.2 miles)
- Turn right onto Benham Ave. (0.2 miles)
- Turn left onto Old Norwich Road. (0.1 miles)
- Old Norwich Road becomes Williams Street. (0.1 miles)
- Turn right onto Gallows Lane. (0.6 miles)
- Turn right onto Bloomingdale Road
Basketball practices and games at Williams take place in either the full-size Leonard H. Bulkeley Gymnasium or the practice gymnasium. Swimming practices and home meets are held at the Avery Point pool and the Coast Guard Academy pool.
Overlooking the Bulkeley Gymnasium, the Dayharsh Fitness Center features a wide variety of exercise equipment.
Students are welcome to use the Dayharsh Fitness Center after school. Our equipment includes: Precore treadmills, an elliptical machine, a Concept 2 rowing machine, two stationary bikes, four multi-use strength machines, a full set of barbells, physioballs, a core strengthening station, multiple benches, and more.
The Dayharsh Fitness Center allows students to work on any every aspect of improving their bodies. From off-season work-outs to improve our interscholastic athletics program, to starting a new exercise routine, the Dayharsh Fitness Center allows our students to build healthy habits that remain with them for a lifetime.