Links to news of The Williams School community members from around the web.
- Schyler Davis '15, a competitive jump-roper with the Pouncing Panthers team, was among 200 jump-ropers from around the country who marched and performed in the 87th Annual Macy's Day Parade (featured in The Day 11/25/13)
- Science teacher Stella Barth was an Educator-at-Sea aboard the E/V Nautilus in November with Dr. Bob Ballard and educators and researchers from around the world. They explored the deep waters of the Caribbean. See the feature on Ms. Barth in The Day (11/21/13).
- The History Department presented Civil War Week in recognition of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. Click here to see photos taken by The Day (11/14/13).
- Eight Grader Miles Schuman and his popular internet radio show get the attention of The Day (11/16/2013)
- Mrs. Jane Martineau featured in GRACE magazine (online) Q&A (theday.com)
- Russell Parker '14 talks about his "Summer Aboard the Nautilus" (Mystic River Press, 9/27/13)
- Williams School Teachers and Student Voyaging with Bob Ballard to Caribbean in New London Patch
- Faculty member and gifted piano player, Peter Emanuel, was featured on The Day's Live Lunch Break series on July 4th with bass player, James Hunter
- Dr. Robert Ballard and Mark Fader talk with Lee Elci about the Nautilus partnership with The Williams School on 94.9 FM News Now
- The Mystic River Press featured a story on Sarah Wilkinson who will volunteer in Costa Rica this summer
- New London Patch features 122nd commencement (June 6, 2013)
- The Day features senior profile on Yale-bound Carter Levin '13
- The Lymes Patch features article on Callum Tresnan, seventh grader, who was honored as one of Johns Hopkins University's "Talented Youth"
- Senior Caius Mergy made both the Norwich Bulletin's 2013 All Bulletin Swimming/Diving Team as well as The Day's All Area Swimming and Diving Team.
- Senior Christina Flynn Wins First Prize in 2013 Thornton Wilder Writing Competition (article in Lyme Patch)
- The Westerly Sun featured a story on Senior Katie Watts who will be pole vaulting for Division I Vanderbilt University next year.
- New London Patch featured an article on siblings Caius and Claudia Mergy who broke a total of five swimming records in the 2012-2013 season.
- The Hartford Courant featured the Lyman Allyn Art Museum's "Shaped by the Ancients" exhibit, curated by Melissa Moss, chair of Classics Dept. Go here to read "Shaped by the Ancients At Lyman Allyn in New London"
- The Day featured a follow up profile on Class of 2002 graduate Ming Dong, as part of their "Class of 2012: Ten Years Later" series. Go here to read "Gifted Grad Seeks Happiness First"
- Patch and The Day featured Canned
Creations, the annual sculpture competition between grades. Congrats to
the 10th grade for their creative Eiffel Tower and for collecting the
most food! Go here for The Day photo and here
for the Patch article. Special thanks to the Service Committee and Mrs.
Zweir, faculty advisor, for coordinating this great event. Over 800
food items were delivered to the United Way/Gemma Moran Food Pantry in
- The Day featured the Tug-of-War class challenge on the first day of the 2012-2013 academic year!
- Patch featured Director of Technology Steve Hosking before he took a journey to the bottom of the sea with Dr. Ballard aboard the E/V Nautilus
- The Day highlighted the Varsity Swim Team's CISAC performance. Go Blues!
- Diana Dunlap ’06 earned a notice in The Day for her starring role in Flock Theatre's February 2012 production of Emma.
- The Day has a number of articles about Williams parent Charlie Buffum's discovery of a shipwreck that might be the Revenge.
- English teacher Mr. Richard White's latest book, These Stones Bear Witness, is discussed in The Day's roundup of local authors.
- LymeLine.com highlights Williams Varsity swimmer honored as Scholar Athlete at statewide award ceremony.
- Williams' Service Committee hunger awareness programs were featured in the New London Patch.com roundup of area initiatives.
- Williams Varsity Soccer teams earned notice from New London Patch.com for their participation and first-round wins in the NEPSAC Championship Tournament.
- Montville Patch.com highlighted efforts by two Williams juniors to raise awareness of human trafficking.
- Dr. Julia Chase-Brand ’60 has been in the news quite a bit as she runs to celebrate the 50th anniversary of her ground-breaking entry into the Manchester Road Race in The New York Times on October 25 and The Day on November 18.
- The Norwich Bulletin profiled our Girls Varsity Soccer captain who is closing in on her 100th career goal.
- The Connecticut College student newspaper, the College Voice, interviewed Aaron Davis ’10 about his distinctive blend of athleticism and art in a November 8, 2011 article.
- The Day lauded Williams sports team for their Play 4 the Cure participation to raise awareness for breast cancer research in an October 28 article.
- The Berkeley Beacon, Emerson University's student newspaper, hailed Carmen Trobaugh ’08 as a "dangerous and speedy weapon" for her outstanding career on the Womens Varsity Soccer team.
- Two Williams staff members are dancers for the Connecticut Sun. See this fun profile of the Senior Dance Team from Grace Magazine (and be sure to check out picture #3 to see Mrs. Trobaugh and Mrs. Varley in action!)
- A Seventh Grader worked with his dad on a entry featured in a piece on the Florence Griswold Museum's Birdhouse exhibit in The Lyme Times on October 6, 2011.
- Eighth Grader part of a team producing a film for the Annual New London film contest featured in The Day on September 25.
- Alumni sailors mentioned in story on the Island Cup Series in the Mystic River Press on September 1, 2011
- Start of School Tug of War featured in New London Patch.com on September 1, 2011
- Video clip of Seventh Grader's summer theater project on The Day on August 10, 2011 and follow-up article on the results of the project in The Day on September 12, 2011
- Story on Seventh Grader's community service project in Waterford Times on June 16, 2011
- Coverage of Williams School's 120th Commencement by The Day on June 9, 2011
- Coverage of Williams School's 120th Commencement by New London Patch.com on June 8, 2011
- Profile of Dan Nickerson ’11 by The Day on June 7, 2011
- Feature in The Day about the original musical, On the Wire, produced at Williams in April 2011