Why invest in a Williams Education for your child?
The adolescent years can be the most influential. It is important for children, during this particular time of their lives, to be curious and inspired to achieve their best. Surrounded by engaging teachers and students who value our safe and inclusive learning environment, students discover their individual learning styles, skills, and possibilities. Whether in the classroom, on stage, competing athletically, or serving others, every student finds their passion, purpose, and potential at Williams.
Williams’ 2019-2020 tuition for domestic students is $29,450 for Middle School (grades 6-8) and $30,450 for Upper School (grades 9-12). Additional expenses range from $1,000 - 2,000 for books, transportation, and lunch.
Need-Based Tuition Assistance Grants
Funding is available to families that qualify based on a financial needs assessment by School and Student Services and The Williams School Tuition Assistance Committee. Need-based grants are awarded at the time of admission and providing the student remains in comparable academic and citizenship standing and the family’s annual financial need assessment remains comparable to the initial assessment, the grant will be offered each year the student re-enrolls at Williams.
Applying for Need-Based Tuition Assistance
Williams uses School and Student Services (SSS)
to process need-based tuition assistance applications. SSS is a service approved by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). Based on the financial information you provide, SSS gives us an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps us make fair and objective tuition assistance decisions. The Williams School SSS Code is 8222. If divorced or separated, the non-custodial parent must also submit a Parent Financial Statement (PFS) as well as the appropriate tax forms by the same deadlines. The deadline for submitting the PFS is January 1, 2020 for returning families and February 1, 2020 for new families.
Submitting Required Tax Documents
Please do not send tax documents to SSS. The following documents must be sent to:
The Williams School
182 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320
1. A complete copy of your 2018 Federal Tax Return (including W-2s and 1099s) no later than January 1, 2020 for returning families and February 1, 2020 for new families.
2. A completed Business/Farm Statement (if applicable), along with complete business tax returns, as soon as possible, but no later than January 1, 2020 for returning families and February 1, 2020 for new families.
3. A complete copy of your 2019 Federal Tax Return (including W-2s and 1099s) by April 15, 2020 (returning and new families).
4. If your student files a tax return, please send a copy of the 2018 tax return no later than January 1, 2020 for returning families and February 1, 2020 for new families, and the 2019 return no later than April 15, 2020.
Notification of Need-Based Tuition Assistance Grants
Notification of Need-Based Tuition Assistance Grants for new students who have all documents submitted by the appropriate deadlines will be communicated by the Admissions Office with the enrollment contract. Please note that new students must apply for admission and be accepted before an award can be offered.
Current students will receive notification of Need-Based Tuition Assistance Grants with annual re-enrollment contracts.
Tuition Assistance Grants are considered final once a signed Enrollment Contract and Tuition Assistance Grant Agreement are received by the School.
Tuition Payment Plans
One half of tuition is payable by August 1st
; the remainder is payable by December 1st
. Other payment plans are available at a minimal charge through the FACTS Tuition Payment Plan
. This must be arranged when the Enrollment Agreement is returned. Students are admitted for the entire school year and there are no allowances for refunds in cases of withdrawal or dismissal.
1. Submission of the Enrollment Agreement and a 10% deposit are required within one month of acceptance to reserve a place.
2. Tuition Refund Insurance,
offered by A.W.G. Dewar Co. for $350, is mandatory for all students enrolled at Williams, unless tuition is paid in full by August 1 and the parents choose to waive the insurance.